PHP is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development. It’s free to download and easily can use. PHP stands for Hypertext Pre Processor.
PHP was developed by “Rasmus Lerdorf” and developed as Open Source and it is an open source technology.
To describe a php page we have to put file extension .php, or if you use any software like dreamweaver or notepad plus, they will auto create an extension of .php. PHP is powerful scripting language for develop a dynamic websites.
A PHP script starts with <?php and ends with ?>:
- PHP is totally free and ready to use.
- PHP is server side scripting language.
- PHP code execute on server only like Apache, iis etc.
- PHP extension “.php”.
- PHP is an amazing and powerful and popular lanugage.
- PHP result is returned on browser as plain HTML.
- PHP can develop Dynamic Websites.
- PHP can be used to control user-access.
- PHP run on various platforms like Linux, Windows, Unix etc.
- PHP almost all servers (Apache, IIS etc.)
- PHP support on various databases.
- PHP is easy to learn and use.
- PHP can encrypt data.
- PHP is a open source.
- PHP is very secured language.
Basic Example :
echo “PHP Language”;
Output: PHP Language